Curated by Bru-Mar Gardens
Greetings, plant enthusiasts!
At Bru-Mar Gardens, we understand that not every indoor space is showered with sunlight—and that’s okay! Our team is dedicated to helping you succeed in nurturing houseplants, even in the more shadowy spots of your abode. Here’s a blend of expert advice for keeping your plants alive in low light, along with our handpicked selections that not only survive but thrive in such conditions.
- Bru-Mar Gardens’ Top Plant Picks for Low Light Conditions:
- Snake Plant (Sansevieria): Nearly indestructible, its bold leaves reach for the sky, asking little in return.
- ZZ Plant (Zamioculcas zamiifolia): Its waxy, reflective leaves find joy in the dimmest of places, a true low-light lover.
- Pothos (Epipremnum aureum): Cherished for its heart-shaped leaves and trailing vines, it’s a plant that’s content with minimal light.
- Peace Lily (Spathiphyllum): The peace lily’s serene blossoms bring a touch of tranquility to low-light environments.
- Cast Iron Plant (Aspidistra elatior): Aptly named for its hardy nature, it stands resilient in face of the shade.
- Lighting Insights: Gain an understanding of your home’s light to strategically place your plants.
- Regular Rotation: Keep your plants balanced with a weekly spin to ensure all sides receive their share of light.
- Mindful Watering: Light dictates thirst; water sparingly, allowing the soil to dry out between waterings.
- Cleanliness Counts: Maintain leaf cleanliness to maximize the light absorption.
- Artificial Sunbeams: Supplement the lack of natural light with the gentle touch of grow lights.
- Feeding Fundamentals: Fertilize lightly, since plants in low light use fewer nutrients.
- The Right Home: Re-pot with intention, choosing the appropriate size and drainage for your plants.
With Bru-Mar Gardens, dimly lit corners become opportunities for botanical beauty. Visit us for personalized advice and to select plants that will flourish in your special space.
The Bru-Mar Gardens Team